CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

02 October 2008

update

Alright so a lot going on lately, at least in my head. In terms of writing I am once again at a standstill. I really need to go through everything I have and see what leaps out at me and inspires but I'm just not patient enough to do that today. I really do need to get back to it. The characters are still in my head but the story seems to change every day and it's nothing worth writing about to me right now.

So on to my weight loss. I've lost 8 pounds and multiple inches. That's great I know but I'm angry about it. I am right back where I started 6 months ago, heck 4 months ago. This time I'm really focused and motivated. Last night I felt like dirt and just didn't want to work out but I went to the gym and did it. Tonight I might do a little on the treadmill but I have some major housework that needs done and that burns some calories and I have some places to go this afternoon where I'll walk to get to them.

I had a conversation with a personal trainer at the gym last night that left me a little frustrated. She made it out that I couldn't possibly do any of it without a trainer. She said a trainer would help me figure out my goals and the right nutritional range to be in. So I told her I have a website that has done all that for me and that I'm following the guidelines and working out at least 5 days a week in some manner and that I'm losing weight. She seems to think the only way to do it properly is by PAYING her a ton of money to do it. I do want to hire a trainer at the gym for what they call the 'Lifestyle Modification program' but it won't be her. I want to hire 1 of the male trainers. I figure if I can be honest to a guy about what my failures have been I will be okay.

The program is: Lifestyle Change Training Program
Are you new to exercise, returning after a long hiatus, or do you just need a change to your current routine? Town & Country understands that each person's needs are different. It's time to make a change to improve your health that you can live with. T&C's Lifestyle Change Program consists of a health assessment, a customized workout program, educational programs including nutrition and injury prevention programs, motivation, and a health re-assessment to measure progress. The price for health club members is only $89 for 4 one hour sessions with a personal trainer, a $200 value!

There is a male trainer, Brian, there I've talked with and actually had experience learning from when I did the orientation class to the gym and I think I would prefer him to do it. I've decided that I'm going to tell people I want that for Christmas...hey just pitch in $5 to my lifestyle change. It's a better gift to me than clothes or Christmas candies ya know.

My goal for this month is to get to 220 by the end of the month. My primary goal with sparkpeople is to reach 219 by November 10th and reward myself with a webcam for my vlogs but I am already 228 and so I figure by the end of the month, 4 weeks, I can lose 8 pounds. I am also going to be starting a Biggest Loser Challenge on Sparkpeople next week and can't wait to do that.

Since I started taking care of myself better I notice that I am tired earlier, eating better and less, becoming regular for the first time in my life, not staying up all night. Last night at 11:45 I was so tired it took everything I had to stay awake for the last few minutes of Bones.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great Thursday and weekend and I'm hoping to start blogging at least 2 times a week.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for your 8 pd loss! WAY TO GO!!!
Forget about that trainer, obviously all she really cares about is the $$$, since you have proven her wrong by losing this on your own without her!!!
You can certainly (and are) do this!!!

Great Job!