CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

20 March 2009

My kryptonite

I took the dietgirl book back to the library today and feel really sad to have given it back. I have her blog to follow but the book caused me to have my own sort of 'oh shit' moment. I did pick up two other books today that I think may be similar, one is 'Fat Girls and Lawn Chairs' by Cheryl Peck and the other is 'The Fat Girl's Guide to Life' by Wendy Shanker. I'll let you know what I think of them later.

So I thought I would make a list of the things I know cause my trouble in my weight loss endeavors. These are items that I overeat or that even though they are good for me I use in excess making them bad for me. I do not want to give up ALL of these items but feel that if I put it out there maybe I'll finally get it.

Item #1 is chips/crisps. I can't get enough of these greasy little fried bits of potato. I don't even like baked chips so switching there isn't an option. I have a particular weakness of Ruffles Cheddar Sour Cream or the cheesy Lay's. Today I stopped at BP to get J a drink and ended up with a bag of Ruffles which I promptly chowed down on before I got to the library. Shame on me. My spell without chips taught me nothing.

Item #2 is bacon. I honestly feel I would have been a vegetarian long ago if it were not for bacon. I like bacon mixed with eggs, bacon mixed with salad, bacon sandwiches, BLT, BLT with avocado, just plain bacon. I will admit I have to have it crispy and do bake it most of the time so that helps keep it at least a bit healthier. I will bake it on my broiler pan so the grease falls down. This is not even a weekly indulgence but I could eat a whole pack alone if given opportunity.

Item #3 is tea. I could drink tea all day long. I usually keep a gallon of iced tea in the fridge as well as a couple cuppas a day. Complete with sugar and milk this is not good for me. I loves me some PG Tips.

I am sure there are many more things on this list but this is a pretty rough start.

I need to measure in on my new charts and I think I'll do that Sunday or Monday. I'd like to find a way to include links to them here but I don't know if that is possible. If I have any readers and any of them are tech savvy can you let me know if there is a way to link excel spreadsheets to blogger?

1 comments:

ed said...

My #1 is Pringles, plain Pringles.. I can, and have been known to, eat an entire can in one sitting.