CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

05 May 2009

get off that big thing and MOVE

It's been a bit since I've blogged. Two weeks ago tomorrow I hurt myself...I either stubbed my foot on the chair or hurt it doing WATP, either way I'm not sure. I ended up being placed in an air cast and unable to comfortably move around I just sat. I am now out of the air cast but still a little bit tender. I am going to get back to it today. I have to start somewhere and even if it hurts I can always stop when it's uncomfortable. My shoes finally fit again so that's a good sign.

I gained back a couple pounds and a few inches which may be water weight but we'll see. I'm not stressing too much about it. I really expected it. I tried to do some type of arm and ab workouts but my heart wasn't in it. If I wasn't going to break a sweat it just didn't feel worth it to me. I wouldn't say I was depressed about it but I wasn't giving my all to it. I'm just ready for the journey to be over. I know I can't skip over the journey but it's hard not to get completely frustrated by all the work I've put in with very little result. Yes I have lost a ton of inches but where.

So here is my plan. Today I start back to my 6 week walk away the pounds challenge. The challenge calls for 64 miles walked in 6 weeks. I am upping that to challenge myself to 70-75 miles and at least a weight loss of 10 pounds in that time. I will probably throw in a couple of water aerobic classes. Six weeks from yesterday, which would be June 15, I WILL start my Couch to 5K training. That would have me running during the hottest period of the summer and I think that would end like August 17th. I can always run in the evenings when the weather is a bit cooler anyway. I'm not going to give up because it will be hot.

My initial weight goal is 200 pounds, at which time I will buy a real webcam so I can play in Stickam with the YT crowd if they can handle my awesomeness. According to where I am now, 227.1, I should hit that around August 8th which is also the date I have to go to a wedding so I can hopefully wear a really cute summer dress to go. I should also hit my final goal around Valentine's day. I promise I will not promptly pig out on chocolate and gain 5 pounds. I'm not a chocolate fan anyway. It's Easter and Marshmallow Peeps that are my candy weakness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

not to dicourage but you weere never able to run because of your asthma. isn't that going to be an issue??
Beanie

Anonymous said...

LOL OOPS I MEAN DISCOURAGE AND WERE. AND TO THINK I MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE'S SPELLING ALL THE TIME HEHE!!

Vanessa said...

The asthma issues I had as a kid were related to when I had pneumonia but they were fine. The asthma issues I had as an adult disappeared when I quit smoking. I think I'll be fine and if it starts to be an issue I'll talk to my doctor about them. My lungs are always clear.