CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

14 January 2009

inspiration

Lately I've been devouring these books by a local author named Lori Foster. I decided to email her and tell her how much I have enjoyed her books and mentioned that I had been lost in my writing:

I am an aspiring writer who just hasn't had the motivation lately to do so. Would you have any advice for me?

[Lori said:] That’s a toughie. I’m almost always motivated to write, so that’s a mindset I haven’t dealt with much. I’d say that most likely you’ve taken your story into a direction that doesn’t excite you. And if it doesn’t excite you, it won’t excite readers. (Or an editor.) Maybe rethink your story and figure out a way to make yourself anxious to get to it.

I don’t know if that’s any help or not. LOL

Today I came to post on my blog and reread the Sylvia Plath quote at the top for the first time in several weeks. It says:

And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.

There is my answer to it all. Self-doubt is my problem with my weight and my writing and my life. I doubt myself. I doubt I can lose the weight...doubt I can be a successful writer...doubt I can be a successful, happy, satisfied woman. Now what do I do about it.

1 comments:

Jimmy said...

Listen.....I believe you can do the book and the weight loss. Please don't be so hard on yourself. When I feel as if things aren't going so well with my story I write down little page stories, most don't make sense to anyone but me but hey....it's writing. After a few days I rethink my main overarching story and work on the draft AGAIN. I believe in you so you should believe in yourself. Don't lose hope.